I’m not entirely sure where the last four weeks have gone, but my trainers had dried out so thoroughly (aka shrunk) that it was almost impossible to get them on.
The absence was due to a cold/cough which just would not go away, allied to time spent pushing the new garden project along. In my last post you can see how the space by the teahouse started, with a lovely Mexican Orange and two Hibiscus bushes (all three sadly past their best). Over the last four weeks the area has continued to evolve, as the following photos demonstrate.
Panels have been made and installed, sleepers moved and a Japanese Maple moved in. I even found time to clear my neighbour’s side of the fence for him, though I’m not sure that he was particularly grateful as now he needs to do something with the space that was previously overgrown with brambles et al. Yesterday I made a rough prototype of the water feature (using blocks of wood and a few off bits of stone) so that we could see whether it’s going to look okay.
This morning I drove down to my folks and ran from there to the coast and back. It’s basically downhill for the first two miles, but it was hard work from the get-go… it’s amazing how quickly the body loses muscle tone! Fortunately it didn’t get any harder-work as the run continued and I returned just as exhausted as I started!
According to Strava https://www.strava.com/activities/272331802 the run was 6 miles and took 60 minutes… it neatly discounted the 4 minutes of pausing to take photos.
I hope that you will find another run posted here next week… otherwise my trainers may dry out again and I’ll need to buy some thinner socks!